Covid-19 Vaccination Programme
Vaccination Group and Priority Order. When Will I Be Called?
The government is currently calling people for vaccination by age and you will receive a lettter when it is your turn. Appointments at mass vaccination centres can be booked for all eligible patients by visiting this website.
Our local GP led vaccination centre is at Doddington Hospital. This site is not bookable through the national gateway. We are currently focussing on those with other medical conditions (Group 6) and ask if you have been called by letter the please book and attend using the link above. If you are not able to get to a centre further away then please contact the surgery and if vaccine is available we may be able to book you in at Doddington Hospital. Invitations to vaccinations at Doddington Hospital will initally be made by text message so it is helpful if you can make sure the mobile number on your record is up-to-date. Get more information about the Doddington vaccination centre via their facebook page.
The current priority order is:
1. Residents in care homes for older adults and the staff who work there.
2. All those aged 80 and over and frontline health and social care workers (this includes professional care workers who are registerd with the council only - not other informal carers/relatives).
3. All those aged 75 or over.
4. All those aged 70 years and over and those who are clinically extremly vulnerable - this is those who have recieved shielding letters. This includes only the person who has the shielding condition and not any household members - household members will be called by their own age/health category.
5. All those 65 years and over.
6. All individuals aged 16 to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality. (This is those with higher risk conditions but who do not qualify for shielding - more details in the government link below). THIS IS THE GROUP THAT ALSO INCLUDES THOSE IN RECIEPT OF CARERS ALLOWANCE OR WHO ARE PRIMARY INFORMAL CARER FOR AN OLDER PERSON.
7. All those 60 years and over
8. All those 55 years and over
9. All those 50 years and over
The UK Goverment has suggested that all adults will eventually be offered a vaccination so we would expect all other adults to be offered an appointment after this. Further information is available from the link below.
We appreciate the fear and anxiety causd by COVID but to ensure fairness for everybody we will be sticking firmly to the order of priority above. Please do not be offended if you are asked to wait for your turn.